Nova Darkroom Safelight
The new Nova Darkroom Red Safelight for black and white has been manufactured as a direct alternative to the Kodak Beehive Safelight which established itself as one of the most popular illumination lamps for any black and white darkroom. This is the most common unit used for educational installations and new darkroom builds because of its solid steel construction and ability to mount on a bench or wall permanently.
Nova has created this new replacement when the Kodak Beehive was discontinued in 2014.
Key Benefits and improvements:
- Solid steel, rust-resistant powdered coated construction
- Mounting plate to attach to bench, shelf or wall with swivel tilt bracket
- Comes complete with a 16.5cm x 13.5cm (6.5" x 5.5") rectangular red safelight filter suitable for all black and white paper processes
- Its internal reflective surface ensures the greatest possible light intensity and illumination
- Variable light controller button allows you to alter light intensity to suit room size
- Includes a 15w ES Lamp for powerful but totally safe darkroom lighting
- Unit dimensions: 24.5cm (W) x 16.5cm (D) x 18.5 (H) when desk standing
This rectangular shaped, black and white printing safelamp may be fitted to a bench, shelf or wall, or may be suspended from the ceiling.
It is supplied fitted with a bayonet cap lampholder and 15w ES lamp, approximately 2 metres of mains cable and UK plug.
The wall plate has a stirrup fitting which allows the safelamp to be tilted towards the required working area.
We have fitted the most popular darkroom red filter which is 100% safe with all black and white papers on the market.
Power consumption is 15watts on a 230volts supply. A UK 3 Plug is fitted as standard but mainland Europe users can purchase the optional European 2 Pin Plug adaptor. For users in the US, Canada & Japan, there is no need to purchase any special plug but you will need to go to the following link regarding voltage invertors which would allow you to use the unit on a 110volts electrical system - make sure you select an inverter which exceeds the wattage requirements of this product: http://www.voltageconverters.com/voltage_converters.html
"This lamp and Red Safelight Filter has been tested and fully approved by HARMAN technology for use with all ILFORD B&W Photographic papers"
|Nova Darkroom BW Safelight (c/w BW Red Filter & Lamp)
|Spare 15w Nova Safelight Bulb
|Euro 2 Pin Plug - UK to Schucko